In a modernized age, we prefer to organize our upcoming events using a digital calendar rather than putting them on paper. This way, you can easily edit, delete or add events in a more organized way. It is similar than what we have in our smartphones as we also use google calendar for this but in a way that it’s just bigger and is wall mounted. You also have that ability to sync family members’ activities. You can simply look at the calendar and check if there are conflicts.
This has also the advantage of checking your past events and there’s no way to lose the track of time in this calendar since it’s already saved in your google calendar. Aside from looking at each other’s schedule, this project will let you check the weather forecast, live information about the public transport, etc.
You can recycle some items and if you don’t have any you can purchase them online.
Here’s a list of what you need.
- Raspberry Pi 2
- USB Wifi Dongle. (Like Edimax 150Mbps Wireless nano )
- LCD laptop screen (take one from a broken laptophttp://www.instructables.com/id/Old-laptop-screen…)
- Controller card for the laptop screen (search Ebay for LCD Controller Driver Board and the serial number of your laptop screen)
- Some Push Button Switches (Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-Start-Horn-Button-Mom… )
- Webserver running a custom made homepage
- Piece of wood. Height should be more than 30mm, so the electronics can fit inside. The width and height depends on the size of your laptop screen.
- Sheet of cork. (Like this http://www.pandurohobby.se/Katalog/50-Skapa-Dekor…)
- Short HDMI cable
- Powersuply for controller board and Raspberry Pi.
Click here to start!