Raspberry Pi Texting Intruder Alarm is a simple project that doesn’t need an advanced knowledge of Python IDLE. All you need to do is connect your Raspberry Pi to your PIR Motion Sensor and you now have a Raspberry Pi Texting Intruder Alarm! Just a few copy-paste of codes, you can finish this project in just an hour!
This project will let you create a fully functioning alarm system. Whenever the sensor gets tripped, it alerts you via text message. To do this, you will need your phone email address. Here is a list of some of the most common carriers’ phone addresses:
- AT&T: email@example.com for a normal text message (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org for a multimedia message (MMS)
- Verizon: email@example.com for both SMS and MMS messages
- Sprint PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org for both SMS and MMS messages
- T-Mobile: email@example.com for both SMS and MMS messages
- Virgin Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org for both SMS and MMS messages
Here is the schematic of the project. Really easy!
Here’s what you need:
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- PIR Motion Sensor (generic)
- Jumper wires (generic)
- Python IDLE (on Raspberry Pi)
Curious about the project? Click here for more details!