In a modernized age, we can be capable of building a home automation system. This way, it will control our home devices automatically like setting up a lamp to turn on and off at your whim. With Raspberry Pi, Arduino and Windows 10, it is possible to have an awesome home that requires less human intervention to operate them.
Below is an example of a room scenario.
For the hardware components, you need
- Arduino UNO & Genuino UNO – You need additional Arduino if you want another room to be automated.
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Jumper wires (generic)
- Breadboard (generic)
- LDR (Light Dependent Resistor)
- PIR Motion Sensor (generic)
- Tessel Relay Module for Tessel
- Siemens Contactor (3TF32 00-0AP0)
- Miniature Circuit Breaker (1P C16A)
Software Applications and Online Services
- Arduino IDE
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Core
This project is recommended for an intermediate level as it needs a lot of coding and setting up to do. If you are curious on how it is done. Click here.